"I concentrate on preparing to swim my race and let the other swimmers think about me, not me about them."
A great way to have fun and get fit!
For some learning to swim is the ultimate challenge for others training to break their personal best is the goal.
Our pools in Mildenhall and Newmarket both offer fantastic aquatic programmes!
Swim for fitness or fun with friends or with the family, swimming is a great activity to keep you healthy!
- All our lifeguards are NPLQ qualified and regularly attend training to refresh their life saving skills.
Please follow their instructions for the safety of yourself and other swimmers.
- If you have medical conditions that may require attention please inform staff before entering the water.
Enjoy your swim:
(Ref: ACL Policy Statement – Use of Photographic Equipment)
We do not allow any unauthorized use of photographic equipment, such as: cameras, video cameras, digital equipment, mobile phone cameras in our centres.
Should you wish to take photographs of your child please contact Reception to seek authorization.
• Photographic and recording equipment such as videos, cameras, PDA’s (Hand held digital recording equipment) and mobile phones are forbidden to be used under any circumstances in the Swimming Pool changing and toilet areas
Valuables & Personal possessions:
We strongly advise all visitors and users to limit the number of personal possessions that they bring to the centre.
• Anglia Community Leisure nor its staff can be held responsible for any injury, loss or damage to belongings however caused except injury arising from the negligence of the Company or its staff.
• Lockers have been provided for the security and safety of your personal belongings. Please do not leave valuables unattended’.
• All children under 8 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult both in and out of the water at all times.
Adult to child ratios:
• Non swimmer under 8 years old 1 adult to 2 children
• Confident swimmer under 8 years old 1 adult to 5 children
• Weak/non-swimmers should be accompanied on a 1:1 basis during inflatable sessions.
• Only swim wear to be worn. No shorts below the knee or cut off jeans.
• T shirts will be permitted in circumstances of privacy or on the grounds of religious belief.
• Customers will not be allowed to swim if in the opinion of the management the clothing presents a safety risk to the individual or to others.
At Newmarket Leisure Centre we have a Village Change used by male and female swimmers. Single and Family sized cubicles are available to change in and ‘Coin Return’ Lockers are provided for the security of your possessions.
At our pool in Mildenhall there are female, male and family changing areas with a mix of single, and family sized cubicles available and ‘Coin Return’ Lockers are provide for the security of your possessions.
• We ask that where parents are helping their children under the age of eight to change that they use the family change cubicles where possible. If using opposite gender change rooms that they use the cubicles to avoid any embarrassment.
• Children over the age of eight must use the same gender change room or Family Change cubicles to avoid any embarrassment.
• Clubs and juniors who are in groups must change in the same gender changing rooms in public sessions.
We provide accessible change facilities at both of our pools in Mildenhall and Newmarket. Height adjustable beds are available to assist.
A portable hoist is available at Newmarket Leisure Centre
Entry to the water:
Entry to the water is via traditional step ladders either inset or fixed to the side of the pool tank.
We provide a shallow gradient set of steps for timetabled sessions.
Manually operated chair hoists are provided to assist people with disabilities.
General poolside rules for bathers:
• No running on the poolside.
• No fighting, play fighting, bullying, pushing or throwing others bathers into the pool.
• No spitting, petting or bombing.
• No chasing.
• No flippers or snorkels to be used during public sessions
• No outdoor shoes permitted on the poolside.
• No diving into depths of less than 1.5 metres.
• No head dives or back dives.
• No jumping onto floats / rafts or inflatable from the poolside.
• No acrobatics from poolside or equipment. No backward jumping.
• No smoking.
• Non-swimmers and weak swimmers must remain in the shallow end of the pool.
• Responsible persons accompanying children under the age of 8 years must not leave them unattended or beyond eye contact.
• No eating on the poolside.
We have different rules for our Splash Fun and Inflatable sessions which our lifeguards will enforce. These are for your safety and for the safety of other swimmers.
• MP3 players can be worn by customers when swimming. The customer accepts full responsibility for any damage caused.
• Customers may be asked to remove earphones if there is a risk to other swimmers.
Mildenhall & Newmarket Pools
• Please do not use mobile phones on poolside or in changing areas.
• Not glass is permitted in the changing or swimming pool areas.
• No food is permitted in the Spectator Area.
• Spectators are not permitted on poolside and must remain in the designated area provided.
• During Naturist sessions towels must be used on the seats
• Please remove all footwear and store in a locker before passing through the foot showers to the poolside.
• Protective shoe covers are available to be purchased from reception.
Hire of Equipment:
In the interests of hygiene we do not hire our armbands or other swim aids.
Swim & Fitness Shop:
@ Anglia Community Leisure Centre’s in Brandon, Mildenhall & Newmarket
A great range of Sport, Swim and Fitness equipment available for sale including: Racquets, Squash & Racket Balls and Badminton Shuttlecocks, 5 aside balls, HR Monitors, Swimwear, Goggles, Floats and Diving sticks.